I was "tagged" by my good friend Sara, here's what it means!!
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog, for these rules.
Here goes:
1. I LOVE sugar. My favorite sugar is brown sugar, but next is white sugar and on occasion powdered sugar. Sometimes when it’s only a few hours until dinner and I want to avoid a snack I eat spoonfuls of sugar to give me a sugar high so I can make it. But then the sugar high crashes and then I end up eating something else so it just increases my calorie consumption. The first time I went to girls camp all of my tent mates had candy and chocolate and other treats. The treat I brought– a whole bag of brown sugar.
2. I love to read! I think I already blogged about this one, but I love to learn new things. I will be the first to admit that I don’t know everything, so I love to learn new ideas and load up on information. I also love reading for pleasure too. I wish I had this desire to learn when I was in school. I probably would have got a lot more out of it!
3. I am a very nervous passenger in a car. I have no idea how or why this happened but I stress every time I get in a car with someone else. I can never sleep in the car because I want to be looking at everything at all times. So picture me in a cab in New York City….yikes. I also am constantly worrying that Nathan or someone else that I love will get in a car accident. I wish I could stop thinking about things like this.
4. Maybe I do know the reason why I am a nervous passenger. I don’t have a spleen ( I think most people know this ). In 1996 my mom and sisters and I were in a bad car accident. I got the worst of it…a 13 inch scar down my stomach and no spleen. When it happened I don't think I thought it was that big of a deal, now I realize how scary it actually was and I am so grateful to be alive.
5. I am very shy. I think I have come a long way from Kindergarten where I would cry every day, but I still hate being the new person or having to talk to someone I don’t know very well. Some people probably think I am a jerk and I really don’t try to be! My being shy also makes me very aware of myself. Almost every time I talk to someone I go home and replay the conversation in my head to see if I said something that came out wrong. I’m almost positive that not very many people do this. It drives me nuts. If I have been rude to anyone who is reading this I most likely didn’t mean to be rude or offend you! I never seem to say the right things! The only time I am rude is when someone is being rude to me!
6. I am completely addicted to cooking shows. If I turn on the TV it goes directly to channel 56 – the Food Network. This is can be a bad thing because I am constantly getting new ideas for recipes to try which totally increases the food bill for the month. Nathan loves the fact that I cook a lot more, but doesn’t like the fact that our food bill is absolutely ridiculous. But seriously, couldn’t there be worse things to be addicted to on TV? Cooking shows are always clean and who doesn’t love food?
Okay so those are my 6 things…not that interesting. I tag: Julie, Liz, Cheryl, Shelly, Alyse, and Monae. I'm excited to read everyone's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Emily. You make me SO happy!! I actually literally remember you bringing a bag of brown sugar to girls camp and thinking, "Whoa. That's kind of weird." But by college I was used to it.:) I think I knew most of those things--but not about driving. I hope I didn't scare you here in Philly. I am SO excited for those headbands too-- I already have a whole blog planned, ready and waiting. I love it!!
Emily...I hope you feel a little bit better when I tell you that I also run conversations through my head over and over and OVER again after I've left the situation. I am so afraid of saying anything not-perfect that it takes over my life! So...you're not alone. :)
Also, I remember the car accident and you getting your spleen removed. That was a scary time!
I had no idea about the brown sugar addiction!! Wow... You're funny :)
I can't think of six things about myself though so it might be awhile before I had a posting like this...!
Ahhh!! One of my earliest memories of you was when we were playing in your room in the basement and you pulled out your "stash" of powdered sugar. Oh, Emily. :) AND I also do that conversation replay thing in my head. I HATE being so self-conscious. If I could change one thing about myself it would be that! So, I can totally relate.
Post a Comment