CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grandma Seibel

In the mail today I got something very precious to me.

They are copies of my Grandma Seibel's recipes. I love that they are in her handwriting. My Grandma Seibel died when I was about 6 or 7. I don't remember a whole lot about her, but she used to take me to the park and let me ride the horses there. Her favorite color was pink, and she was an amazing cook. These recipes mean a lot to me and it's a way I can connect with her. I wish she were still around. None of my grandparents are alive and haven't been for like 16 years and I am totally jealous of people who still have theirs! What a great thing to get in the mail today! Thanks Aunt Judy!

2 comments:

Barbara

That is so neat Emily. I am happy for you to have gotten something so special to you. Right after Kaden was born, I received my Grandma Barbara's rocking chair that she used to rock her kids in - that was passed down to my mom who rocked my brothers and me in, and now I have to rock my kids in. The simplest things can mean so much - thanks for sharing your story...I am all warm and fuzzy inside now! Haha.

Emily Judd

wow that is such a neat and special thing to have! Thanks for sharing your story too!! :-)