
Today marks day one of Nathan's busy season at work. It is supposed to only be 6 or 7 weeks long or something like that. Last year was just awful...for me at least. Nathan of course was tired and stressed with being the new guy and having a lot of responsibilities, but I was just sitting at home. No friends, new baby...you get the picture. Amazingly I pulled through, but the memory is not a good one!! :-) Today I stayed super busy up until, well, now. I am making bread because I forgot to buy some at the store today. Amazing what I can do when I have a bunch of time on my hands and no husband at home! This year I am so blessed to have a great part-time job to keep me busy, and lots of good friends that I will hopefully call to do stuff with. I am so so so bad at calling people. I always feel like I am imposing, but I love it when people call me! So hopefully I can get over that little fear. Easton is old enough where he LOVES the park and it's so easy to take him places. I'm not saying I won't have any bad days, but I know the end will come quickly! Things are looking up!!
3 comments:
I feel for you. I went through the same thing last year, although Mikey was older than Easton was. I had emotional breakdowns and felt like a single mom. Fortunately, it doesn't last forever. I started sewing, which kept me busy and entertained at night while Tom was still at work.
Good luck. Too bad we don't live close, as Tom starts his busy season tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, especially with baby number 2 coming within the next couple of weeks.
If you ever want to get out, give me a call. I'm like you though...I'm a "go with the flow" not a "get the party started" kind of gal. It's usually just Sawyer and I trying to find something to entertain ourselves so if you ever want to get a couple of girls together for a park or beach day count me in.
You'll make it!! Now that you're such a globe-trotter, wouldn't it just be a piece of cake to come back to Philly for a few days?!?:) Seriously though, long days are the worst, and as the wife of a dental student with 26 credits, we have a lot of those around here. Bummer.
Post a Comment