CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Church ball

Today Nathan had a basketball game at the church. I stayed home to watch Easton and get some things done. About 5 minutes before I thought he would be home, Cheryl called me to tell me that Nathan's knee was hurt really bad and he was having convulsions. What?? Um, ya. So we spent the next 2 1/2 hours or so in the ER only to have them tell us that they had no idea what was wrong. It could either be a sprain or a torn ACL. We have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for him to get an MRI. He has a knee immobilizer and crutches and some vikaden to get him through to that point. We are hoping it's only a sprain, but we are planning for the worst! The funny thing is, is that before he left to go play, I told him to take it easy. When we were in college he repeatedly injured himself playing basketball, and he also got in trouble with refs from time to time. Oh well, we'll keep you posted! Poor Nathan! Thank you so much Scott and Cheryl for watching Easton for us!

9 comments:

jodie

Oh I hope Nathan's okay! Clay had some moments during intramural basketball in Provo too where I fully expected us to leave in an ambulance. Dang those athletics!

Lynnette

I starting to believe my kids are not suppose to play sports. Why do they like them so much.

shellydinger

That is not good news! I hope that it isn't too serious. Vikaden is heavenly though. Good Luck.

Ravid

Wow - talk about stressful. Hope all goes well. Did he really have convulsions? Fortunately, Dave doesn't really have time for church ball right now. Although, he isn't really prone to injury. Gee, I'm so sorry. I probably would have burst into tears. I'm sure you handled it better though. :-)

Emily Judd

actually I was kind of mad at first. Luckily I wasn't there so when I actually saw Nathan I was over it and felt so bad for him. :-) Maybe if I was there I would have cried though. Who knows. Unfortunately the Vicadin (or whatever the spelling is) isn't working real well. It was a long night for him..and me!

sara cardon

AAAHHH!! That is really awful. Do you remember when Jonathan did the same thing to his knee except playing softball at BYU?? I don't think it was this bad though. I hope he's okay!! I always think Jonathan can play whatever risky-dangerous-sport he wants after we've insured his hands for a couple million.:) But until we're out of school, breaking fingers/hands is OFF limits!! Keep us posted....

Barbara

Hang in there! Let us know if he needs surgery, etc - we will for sure bring you guys dinner. We can also watch Easton if need be.

Gasaway Family

Church ball is brutal! Brad had his first game last Thursday and a guy in our ward spent a couple of hours in the ER afterwards as well. He just has a broken pinky, but his hand is swollen to about 4 times the normal size. He has to wait for the swelling to go down before he can get a cast.

Meli T

Emily and Nathan,
We're so sorry to hear of the knee trouble. Let us know what we can be of help with.
The Thomsons