CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

and the worst mom ever award goes to...

ME!!!

I'm sure most of you know of our little incident this weekend, but I think there may be a few who don't, but I dislocated Easton's elbow last Friday. Nice huh?

Well we were at the pool and it was time to go and Easton decided to get back in the pool. Nathan was already dried off so I went in to get him. He was kind of in trouble just because he had gone in when we had said no. Well, I was helping him out, and I don't recall yanking him, but I lifted him from the first step of the pool out, so maybe a foot, by his fore arm and I felt it slip. He started crying and didn't stop. He was grabbing his elbow. We took him to the doctor and I thought for sure she would turn me over to the police or something for child abuse. Thankfully the doctor told me that this actually happens all the time. She told me that Easton might do it to Lincoln one day, or that if he ran into the street and I grabbed him that could do it too. I felt relieved, but still awful. Once they put it in a splint it felt much better and we actually went to the birthday party we were planning on going to that night. I'm SO GLAD that I went because as soon as I started talking to people about it everyone was telling me that "oh that happens to my kid, or my sister's kid, etc". It made me feel a lot better about myself. I am just paranoid now that it is going to happen again!

2 comments:

Alicia

So sad! Glad he's all better now.

lacieinthesky

Ya, so I haven't read your blog in a while and just saw this. Heath basically did the same thing to Crew last week. He apparently put it back in by himself or something though cause he didn't need a splint. Crazy how easily that can happen though, huh?