CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

On Sunday I had the opportunity to play a piano duet with a friend in church. It was pretty nerve-racking for me - my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding - and I totally fudged the hard part at the end despite my hours and hours of practicing(UG!!!!), but I would much rather play the piano than get up and bear my testimony. For me, it is a way that I do bear my testimony, that I know that the gospel is true, and that we do have a Heavenly Father that loves us. I know that without a doubt!

The song was a children's primary song that I have always loved. I absolutely love the words:

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

Every day I realize how beautiful this world is. All of the ugliness in this world is man-made. I hope that I can show my children and teach them to appreciate the beautiful world that we live in.

If you want to hear the music and the arrangement I played, click here, and find "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" and click on "high speed". Julie if you read this I want you to practice the top hand so we can play it at Thanksgiving!!!! :)

11 comments:

JD Seibel

um YES! i haven't even heard it yet and i want to play it with you! :)

Lynnette

I listened and it was fantastic. I am going to make the chili for a company chili cookoff. Papa Judd

Joy

You did a wonderful job playing on Sunday. I loved it!
Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

B Devine

Girl....I thought y'all sounded so good on Sunday. I wish I had skills on the piano. I can only blame myself for that one.

RWSeibel

Way to make me cry! Thanks for being you.

Mom

Camille

As I listened to the music, I pictured you and Tatiana playing as if I was there in church listening to you. It made the song that much better. I wish I could have been there to listen/watch. I bet it was fantastic. That is a beautiful piece.

Elizabeth

I think you did a GREAT job on sunday!!

Barbara

Emily, it was so beautiful. I had the chills through the entire thing, I was so touched. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Alicia

It was gorgeous Em! I've never heard a piano duet quite as beautiful. And I totally missed the fudge...I bet nobody knew.

RWSeibel

I'm choosing to believe all your witnesses (Joy, Ry, Britt, Elizabeth, Barbara, Alicia) and know you did an outstanding job, and brought the Spirit strongly
to the meeting with your piano talent!

I'm so proud of you!

Dad

sara cardon

Good for you Emily!! I'm getting SO nervous about playing next Sunday for our primary program (I know my hands will be like tennis balls and I'll mess up despite my hours of practicing too), so I'm going to let this post inspire me.:) That's one of my favorite primary songs as well-- I used to sing it to Lucy when she was collicy and she would stop crying. Great post!!