While I was decorating these highly processed food items :) with highly processed sugar frosting, I watched this movie:
I like this clip too
I won't go into too much detail, because I really want to devote a whole post to how I feel about food and how I got to this point, but I really think that everyone who eats food in America should watch this movie. It was really eye opening and a lot depressing. I never understood the meaning behind the phrase "buy locally" until I watched this show. It was hard to watch the clips about farmers and how hard the big massive food companies are making it for them to even stay in business anymore. I am NOT an animal lover and I LOVE meat in moderation, but watching the conditions and treatment of the livestock that we eat was so sad to me. I just don't think it is the way God intended us to treat animals. It is disgusting that they put ammonia treated filler into our ground beef to make it "safer" against E.Coli. ANd it is unbelievable the amount of science that goes into our food, yet our food is making us sick. And of course the natural food is WAY too expensive and of course I can't afford it...yet. Making small changes a little at a time is the key to not going crazy.
Yep, I think I'm turning into a crunchy granola girl. Slowly but surely. But don't worry. I won't stop wearing make up or shaving my legs or washing my hair. At least not yet....just kidding. Sorry, now you probably think I'm a crazy person, but please watch it! It is worth your time.
9 comments:
Those cupcakes are beautiful~! You should open up a bakery and sell them :)
those cupcakes were adorable! thanks again!!
So glad I got to watch it with you. You're doing great with going crunchy Em...baby steps!
Ugggh. I so agree with you! Even if I don't buy organic stuff for myself, I still wish I could for my kids, you know? Just so their little bodies don't have so many chemicals and waxes and pesticides roaming around. Do you ever shop at Trader Joe's?? It's all healthy and pretty affordable...
Hi Em! Mum and I watched the video. Yes, very sobering. This is the first thing that entered my mind:
"Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation -"
"Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving."
"And these (animals) hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger."
Doctrine & Covenants 89
In our Stake Conference recently someone talked about the conspiring men in relation to the tobacco company. Freaky that we have to worry about it with things that aren't no-no's in the word of wisdom isn't it? Makes the idea of raising all my own food rather appealing.
Super Cute Cupcakes!!!!
Does it make me crazy that I did stop washing my hair while it was long? Haha Shampoo made it so dry and unhealthy the stylist told me to quit using it and wash my hair with conditioner. Did I mention I drive a subaru station wagon? Welcome to the crunchy granola world. Although I still eat lots of refined sugar and white flour.
Those cupcakes look AWESOME!!! Great job! You really should open up a bakery!
Post a Comment