Here are some pictures of what we did (BRACE YOURSELF!):
We had the traditional gingerbread making house contest "dream house" style. Boys against girls this year. It was so much fun.
The Boys Gingerbread Dream House.
The Girls (a.k.a. the WINNERS)

Inside our gingerbread house
I got all pictured here for $1 - Yes ONE DOLLAR total - at Old Navy. I have never ever heard of a 10 cent rack in my life! There isn't really a lot I can actually wear here, but I'm hoping that I can use my nifty new sewing machine alter some of them so that I can wear them, or just use it for fabric!
Santa Claus even made it to St. George to visit the kids. Easton was freaked out at first, but then he was bouncing off the walls and thought Santa Claus was hilarious. He asked him for Cranky the Crane (the only thomas character that I think we didn't buy him...oh well we told Easton that Santa Claus ran out. hehe)
Elizabeth made her famous Christmas Candy Cane pastries on Christmas morning
Easton got a whole bunch of Thomas stuff. He is in Train Heaven
Lincoln got a tricycle, although Easton thinks its his
This is exactly what it says it is. How cool is that? My father in law somehow got a piece of the granite from the Salt Lake Temple when they were making it earthquake safe. Sow now we each have a piece!
I was so thankful that at least one of his cousins wanted to play trains with Easton. Thanks Grace!
Grandpa and the cousins playing with a racetrack
Nathan surprised me with a one night stay in Vegas at the PLanet Hollywood. It was soooo nice to get away just for a short while and enjoy time without the kids. We were able to go to the spa, eat at Pink's Hotdogs, walk around the strip, window shop, and eat at a delicious buffet before heading home in the morning. I love Nathan.
Inside the Bellagio hotel. If you've never seen it, it's beautiful. They had it decorated for Christmas. Everything is always made out of flowers.
Nathan had never seen the fountains before, it was pretty cool, although I thought the songs were lame. I was wanting it to play Clair De Lune.
Dinner was Pink's Hotdogs. I've been to the original one in Hollywood and although the atmosphere was totally different, it was still delicious food!
When we were walking around the hotel I spotted 3 guys in black cowboy hats on the level above us. Planet Hollywood has the "America's Got Talent" show going on right now and I instantly thought that it had to be the "Texas Tenors" from last season. So we go up there and there are like 5 different contestants from last season. I was too embarrassed to get a picture with them, Nathan almost got a picture with Jerry Springer, but I was just too embarrassed! So here are the two we did get though:
this guy
and this guy (the overall winner)
4 comments:
I love your gingerbread house! I've never seen one so cute in my life. I especially love the inside of it. How creative! Looks like you had a fun vacation... and hooray for time away from the kids. Good for you! Every mom deserves that once in awhile!
Looks like you had a fabulous time! You deserve it girly!!
Great post - looks like a lot of fun. I love Lincoln. I wish I could come play with your kids, they are growing up so much.
BTW - Your hair is getting so long.
What an AWESOME Christmas!! Your gingerbread house rocked-- how fun that there was stuff inside. And maybe next year for your honeymoon getaway to Vegas, WE can tag along.:) jk!
Post a Comment