Yum. Julie made these when we visited for Thanksgiving and I have wanted to make them ever since. Tried them tonight and I thought they were pretty darn good!
Chocolate filled Meringue Shells with Strawberry Sauce
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate Filling (follows)
Strawberry Sauce (follows)
Heat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt in small bowl at high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until stiff peaks hold their shape, sugar is dissolved and mixture is glossy. Fold in vanilla.
Spoon into about 10 mounds on parchment paper. I put mine in a ziploc with a large star tip (Wilton 1M) and did it that way. I liked the way it turned out.
Bake 1 hour or until meringues turn delicate cream color and feel dry. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Chocolate Filling:
4 ounces softened Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese) and 1/4 c. cocoa in a small bowl on medium speed until blended (I needed to add some milk at this point). Gradually add 3/4 c. powdered sugar, beating until well blended. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip (OR if you're like me...one cup of real whipped cream. OH. YEAH.)
Strawberry Sauce:
put 1 package of frozen (thawed) strawberries in a blender. YOu might need to add some water and I added some sugar.
That's pretty much it!
4 comments:
Mmmmm. Those sound yummy!! And how fun that your mom got to come visit. Grandma visits are the BEST!!
yum, those were so good, thanks again!!
yumyumyum i want to make them now!!
they look very interesting, but I bet they taste delicious. Thanks!
Post a Comment