CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Stuff

Well, since we are moving now life is probably going to get a little crazy. Thankfully Nathan's new job is hiring a moving company for us and we won't have to do much besides pack the boxes since I would feel weird having someone else pack my stuff. But there is still a ton that i want to get done before I go. Like see all our friends and hang out with family as much as we can, go to the beach, maybe go up to LA to get some fabric for the house that i have NO IDEA how to decorate. (I am going to need some major help so I'll definitely be asking for it!) I have some other sewing projects I want to get done before I'm away from my technical support group (i.e. cheryl and elizabeth), and I don't want to gain 10 pounds from all the stress eating I am doing right now. Oh, and I want to try and keep my house somewhat decent because for some reason all this stress and anxiousness to move makes me not want to clean as much)

Anyways...so there's a lot that happened last week. The day we found out that Nathan got the job, well the very moment, we were on a whale watching trip. We didn't see any whales but lots of dolphins and it was just fun to be on the water. I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have since Nathan got the phone call ON the boat.





We left Easton with grandma Judd and all the cousins and we left for St. George that night. We got in at two in the morning and oh man. WE WERE TIRED! Lincoln sure was a trooper thats for sure. We spent the next few days looking at houses. It was fun yet tiring and hard to find the perfect house. We made an offer and we're supposed to find out more today but nothing so far. I took pictures of it but I'll show you more if it goes through I guess. I don't really want to get my hopes up too much. So here is what the front looks like. it has 4 bedrooms on the top floor with a large loft and it has a beautiful kitchen. BEAUTIFUL. It was a model home so it has all the bells and whistles. We really really love it.


It was really fun to just have Lincoln with us. We totally missed Easton and we talked about him every day, but it was fun to have one on one time with Linky. He is such a sweetheart and was so good. He's also a big cheese ball. Love him.


Oh, I finished the squares on the book of mormon quilt. Its not anywhere near done, but I feel like it was a big accomplishment. I actually really loved doing it and it was a great experience. I thought a lot about the story being depicted on the block as I was sewing and as crazy as it sounds it reaffirmed my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true! Who knew sewing would do that to you? Now I am kind of lost when I am sitting watching TV with nothing to do! I hate just sitting there now! Kind of bad, but also really kind of good.

Oh and I love this picture of both of my kids playing with flour

Well, that's all for now. No guarantees on how much I'll be posting but hopefully we get some good house news this week!

7 comments:

Sara Decker

I'm sad to hear that you are moving, but excited for you. That house is amazing, keep me posted if you need help with anything.

Alyse

That house is amazing- OH I LOVE THAT KITCHEN! That really is like my dream kitchen! How fun for you! good luck with all the moving stuff...awesome that his job is moving you guys! What company is he going to be working for?

JD Seibel

Love all the pics!!! :) I am so excited for you all~ Now I get to see you practically whenever I dang well feel like it! :D

Elizabeth

that house is seriously beautiful!!

Lynnette

Hope you get the house. Your Book of Mormon blocks look great. Bring them at Easter, we will have to start putting them together with the post, sashing and border.

The Hickman Family

Emily, that is a dream kitchen! I really hope you get that house. We might just have to visit ya'll next time we're in Utah!

Mikaela

Emily I am totally laughing because I thought that house looked really familiar and when you posted it was in Riverton I am pretty sure it is either in my old neighborhood or just down the road. You should e-mail me the address or subdivision. Great area to live even if it is kind of off the beaten path, I was totally sad to leave. I will cross my fingers for you guys, trying to figure out where to live is so HARD!!