CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cecret Lake

Finally something worth posting about this week. Nathan was gone from Sunday at noon til Friday at 5:30 in Atlanta. I'm usually just fine keepin' it together when he's gone but this time I don't know why but I had a ROUGH time. My poor kids. The week just dragged. But now he's back and all is right with the world! :)

I've been planning this hike to Snowbird Lake for a long time. We drove up and asked a guy at Snowbird if he knew where it was...cuz the place was a LOT bigger than I imagined! He had no clue at all. So we kept driving and made our way to Alta ski resort. Asked the lady there and she said "oh you mean Cecret Lake?". Er, okay, yep that's what we meant! It was a half mile longer each way than I thought making the round trip 2 miles instead of 1, but the kids did awesome and I loved every second of being out in the mountains. The lake was totally hidden until you are right on top of it. And we showed up at the perfect time since as we were making our way back down a HUGE group of people were going up.
I like this picture

This looks a little lame compared to the real thing but the mountains were just starting to get their fall color and that big mountain with nothing on it was SO beautiful! It was like different colors of rocks all swirled together. (can you spot the copper mines?)
If I was not pregnant I would have so climbed that rock instead of Nathan.

6 comments:

Christy Bateman Mathatas

Awesome! Love it. Looks beautiful, and I know what you mean about pictures not doing the actual scene justice.

Elizabeth

how fun, that is so beautiful!

us

what a nice family outing. love it.

JD Seibel

Em, those pictures are great~! Especially that one with Nathan and Easton looking thoughtfully over their domain. :) Looks like a fun and cool and beautiful hike! Wish I could've gone!

RWSeibel

What a perfect hike on a perfect day! Isn't great to have such amazing places to go so near your home?! Great photos!

Love,
Dad

Lynnette

I would love to do that hike sometime!