We had such a great time in Boise! While Nathan and his brothers and Dad were having a blast golfing and attending the BYU game, we were doing all sorts of fun things in Boise. Easton was absolutely enamored with Grandpa Seibel and just had to do every single thing that he did. All day.
We spent our first day hiking in the Boise foothills. Easton LOVES hiking. Since my dad was on call for work we couldn't go hiking in the mountains but he didn't care. But he does want to know where the roads are to get up to the mountains, so Nathan and I are planning on taking him hiking for reals sometime soon before the weather gets too cold. Lincoln loved it too but he tripped and fell a lot and it was pretty hot. Next year I"m sure he'll do a lot better.
Our next day we went to the old train depot in Boise. It has a beautiful view with gardens and a pond with huge koi and of course, an old train. The kids loved it. I LOVEd playing there as a kid so its fun to take them there too.
While Lincoln and I were napping my dad set up his old Lionel electric train set for Easton. Easton was seriously in love. He played with it for about 6 hours. Not kidding. He was so careful with the trains and just loved to watch it go around and around. Now he wants an electric train for his birthday....great. I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in trains!!
Sunday was church and then on Monday while my mom and sister and I were shopping Easton stayed at home with grandpa. They set up the tent in the backyard and then my dad taught him how to pick green beans. Easton wanted to even try the green beans that he picked that night for dinner. That's pretty huge for Easton. He also wanted to try a tomato in from the backyard. He didn't like either of them, but it gives me hope that as he watches us grow our own food he will want to try them more and more and learn that most food is pretty darn good :)
There are seriously so many pictures to go through because my sister is a great photographer and I keep telling her she needs to buy a good camera and work on that talent!
Sounds like you had a great time in Boise. Thanks for letting us invade the house for the weekend. We had a great time and BYU even managed a win. Grandpa Judd
7 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time in Boise. Thanks for letting us invade the house for the weekend. We had a great time and BYU even managed a win. Grandpa Judd
Someday, Emily, I promise!
And if this were a facebook post, I would "like" it :)
I'm glad you had fun in Boise! I love Easton likes to follow around your dad, that is soo cute!
Sounds like the best vacation! Glad you got some relax time!
your parents are the cutest, love the train, my dad had one of those too . . .but none of us were obsessed. ;op
Wow! The Depot was so beautiful-- shoulda gone. Why are we such dummies and never take pictures of the kids or us together??:) Next time!
Funner times are not to be had! We're so happy you made the trip!
Love,
Granda S.
Post a Comment