WOW. This is delicious! I am a terrible cupcake maker, just ask Nathan. He told me the other day "you are a really good cook but you stink at making cupcakes!". Yep, it doesn't matter if its a box or a from scratch recipe, vanilla cupcakes are NOT my forte. But even though the cupcakes were less than excellent, they were to die for with this frosting!
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces chopped white chocolate (I used 1 c. white chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 ounces full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
Gently melt the white chocolate over a double boiler, or in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Set the chocolate aside to cool until just barely warm.
Combine the white chocolate, butter, vanilla and cream cheese in the bowl of your mixer and beat until smooth. (It is important that the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature, as any chill will result in the chocolate hardening and creating a grainy or lumpy frosting.) Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
*we stuck them in the fridge over night and I really liked them better chilled. The frosting is amazingly smooth. Oh man! I might just have to go sneak another one!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment