CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

the bomb.com

We had this dish a few weeks ago and Nathan couldn't stop raving about it. I made it last week and it was sooooo good. Besides the time it takes to chop garlic and grate the ginger, it was SO fast and easy to make!


Thai Peanut Linguine
1-2 Lbs. chicken, cut into thin strips
vegetable oil (to saute)
2 Tbsp Sriracha chili sauce (found it at Walmart in the Asian cooking section)
juice of 1 lime
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced (if you've never bought this before its usually in the refrigerated section of the produce. Use a knife to peel off the outer layer of skin and then use a fine grater to grate it)
3-4 shakes soy sauce
salt & pepper (to taste)
16 oz. (1 pkg.) linguine noodles
**peanut sauce (see below)
peanuts
2-3 limes, sliced

The following are all to taste, add as much or little as you want
We used broccoli, green onion, and peanuts
-shoestring carrots
-broccoli florets, chopped
-green onion
-peanuts (chopped)
-bean sprouts

In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil, Sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt & pepper. While chicken is cooking, prepare the linguine (to al dente) and make the peanut sauce. After the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and wrap in foil to keep warm. Re-oil the skillet, add vegetables and saute (except for the bean sprouts, add those a few minutes before serving so they are still nice and crunchy and don't get overcooked). Add the chicken and bean sprouts to the skillet, cover, and reduce heat. Drain noodles and toss with a little olive oil (to keep the noodles from drying out and sticking together). Now there are 2 ways you can finish the dish: 1. mix the sauce with the noodles and TOP with veggies & chicken (this is what we did) OR 2. you can add the noodles and sauce to the skillet with the vegetables and toss until everything is well coated with sauce. Garnish with peanuts and limes.


**SAUCE: (I found this good peanut sauce from "Our Best Bites":)

1 c. chicken broth
6 Tbsp. (heaping) creamy peanut butter
2-4 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce (on Best Bites, they said that 2 tsp. is mild and 4 is hot. I might leave it out all together next time because there was so much in the chicken and it was pretty spicy. the kids wouldn't touch it...but whats new?)
3 Tbsp. honey ( I might try more next time)
6 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
4-5 cloves garlic, pressed or minced

Combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sauce becomes smooth and well blended

How can you NOT like something with peanut butter in it???

3 comments:

Alyse

Yum...that seriously sounds amazing. Aaaaand- your previous post was titled "everybody to the limit" and I thought...hmmm...that sounds familiar- like a song I once used to sing. Ha! And so I googled it, and what do you know- strongbad came to greet me. Did I learn that song from you? Seriously it's sad that it is like a distant memory...but a great one! =)

Alyse

PS- I love the new layout of your blog. It really looks so professional.

Marcy

A staple around here, LOVE!