CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You just might want to go to the store right now

because you will need the ingredients to make this. I made it into a cake for a girl I visit teach. And see that cake stand? I made it from stuff from the craft store. My sister in law came up with the idea. So cute right? Much cuter than a paper plate or just the card board cake round. But seriously, the cake itself is almost tart, but the White Chocolate frosting is so delicious and sweet. It compliments it nicely. I almost couldn't bear to give the cake away because the frosting smelled SO good. Like white chocolate. I have a white chocolate recipe but this one is WAY better. It is a little difficult to spread on the cake because the white chocolate hardens up pretty fast if the cake is cool, but seriously. You need to try this. If you don't like lemon so much I bet you could eliminate the lemon zest.

Raspberry Cupcakes w/White Chocolate Buttercream
makes 2 dozen
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries

White Chocolate Buttercream
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
2-3 tablespoons milk

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest and work the zest with your fingers until the sugar becomes moist and fragrant. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix. Add the almond and vanilla extracts. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk until combined well. Carefully fold in the raspberries. Line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners and evenly distribute the batter between the 2 pans.

 Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until baked through. Let cool.

To make the buttercream, using your mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add about half of the confectioners’ sugar, the milk and the melted white chocolate. Mix until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the remaining sugar and mix until smooth. Add any more sugar or milk you might need to get a good frosting consistency. Smooth or pipe on top of the cooled cupcakes

3 comments:

The Halladays

That sounds yummy, but holy cow that cake is adorable! Great job :)

Alicia

gorgeous cake Em.

Tati

This looks gorgeous! Is this buttercream a good consistency for piping on frosting with a star tip or is it more like fondunt (it's probably a dumb question, but I don't know too much about cake decorating). Anna wants me to make a camping cake for her birthday and I need to pipe on with the star tip. Thanks!!