CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tilapia with Almond Brown Butter and Swiss Chard

I found this recipe in the Rachael Ray magazine. I decided to splurge and buy fish and I'm glad I did. It was only $5 a pound actually, which was a great deal. The real recipe calls for flounder but said you could substitute tilapia because it was cheaper. It was delicious and not fishy at all. And the swiss chard was amazing. I will definitely make it again!

AND IT WAS SOOOOOO EASY and really fast!!!

3 1/2 T. EVOO
1 bunch swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T. balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
3 T. butter
1/4 c. slivered almonds, toasted
2 T. chopped flat leaf parsley
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
about 1 pound of tilapia

1. In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 T. olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, chard leaves, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the leaves are just wilted, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover loosely. Wipe the skillet clean.

2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook, swirling often, until browned, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in almonds, parsley, the juice of 2 lemon wedges, and a pinch of salt.

3. In the reserved skillet, heat the remaining 2 T. EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the fish, add to the pan, and cook turning once, until light golden, 6-8 minutes.

4. Spoon the almond brown butter over the fish. Serve with the chard and remaining lemon wedges.

2 comments:

RWSeibel

Good heavens I want some! :-D

Love,
Dad

Mikaela

I am so tempted to remind you of a certain class where we learned about raising tilapia. . .I still swear I will never taste the stuff . . .but I am not that mean, so enjoy your fish!