CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

Dear Crockpot, I love you!

I have never been one to really use my crock pot. I tried a couple recipes years ago that either didn't turn out or were just gross. My friend sent me this recipe and said that I MUST make it. I never ever cook with pork, because it always ends up too dry, and then I get frustrated. SO I went out on a limb when I made this and I'm SO stinkin' glad I did. It was freaking amazing. Like seriously the best thing I've made in a long time. (Since the Thai Peanut Saute recipe...) I love that it is easy and it made my house smell incredible. The second day we had it I made these rolls to have sandwiches on. I bought a 5 lb pork loin roast and only used 2 pounds of it and we ended up wishing I had just used the whole thing.

So here it is:

Sweet Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

*Serves 6-8 (or maybe 2)

Pork:
2 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub the spices all over the roast. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Near the end of the cooking time for the roast, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker, shred and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve.

1 comments:

The Hickman Family

I made this one...so good! I only made a two pound pork loin and froze the other 3 pounds, but Jared and I were wishing I had just made the whole thing because it would have made great leftovers.