I just had to write a post about Mason today.
For starters, I LOVE him. He is so full of joy in every single thing he does. In every picture I have of him, unless he is throwing a fit, he is giving the greatest smile.
The unfortunate thing is that most of the time he is being naughty.
But today he scared me SO bad being naughty. He was putting a Lego guy in and out of his mouth over and over again and then he tipped his head back and promptly started choking on the dang thing. Like his eyes went wide and he couldn't make any noise choking. I was on the other side of the counter and I've never ran so fast in my life I don't think. I threw him upside down over my knee and whacked him on the back and it came out. I don't know how hard it was lodged in there or anything but it certainly got my adrenaline running! He was so scared for a minute after that. I was too!
An hour later he was back to his wonderful ways. I threw a load of laundry in the washer and came back downstairs to see my kitchen floor covered in water. He was happily dumping cups of water out. over and over again. He has wasted SO much filtered water from our fridge! I try to keep it locked but it is so hard to remember after every cup of water.
He constantly is taking toys from his brothers. All the time. He creates SO much contention. He takes toys away from Max even! And the other day he tipped him over in his little jumperoo. He is constantly hurting himself by "accident" but really its just because he is crazy. He gets into Nathan's deodorant, still gets into toothpaste, and we still have to keep locks on our cabinets in case he eats things like 800 mg of ibuprofen.
But then he does something sweet. He often sings "I am a Child of God" to Max when he is sad. It is so so sweet to see him do that in his cute little voice.
And tonight I got to watch him fall asleep as I lay in bed with him to calm him down. Its the cutest thing in the world and I know he won't always be like this. (hopefully?) But I try to find something I love about him every day. Love my sweet boy.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like he keeps you on your toes! Which also means he probably doesn't give you much time for reading . . . but whatever time you can carve out for reading I really have to recommend "The Child Whisperer" to you personally. I'm not saying it's a lifesaver or anything, but I think it could be very helpful for you with Mason particularly, but likely with all of your darling little boys. I receive no compensation for my recommendations, btw. :) Just think it's a great resource, and it's the only way I can think of to help. I'm sure you're doing a fabulous job; Heavenly Father wouldn't have sent these specific children to you if you weren't the right fit for each other.
That is soooooo freaky about the Lego!! I'm sorry! I remember after Lucy turned one, I was so afraid of her choking I had her pediatrician show me how to do the heimlich on a toddler, but I still hope I'd stay calm enough to do it! KIDS!!! The cause of many many gray hairs...
Post a Comment