CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Dilemma solved...somewhat

I think I figured out what to do about my scrapbooking dilemma! I have heard of it before and actually have made one for my parents, but it didn't really occur to me that it would be WAY cheaper, classy, and fun! You can make hardcover or softcover, and they have glossy, printed pages with your pictures on them. You can basically do whatever you want. I was talking to my sister-in-law Cheryl about my scrapbooking woes and she told me one of her friends just made a book about their trip to Spain or something and how cheap it was to do. So I looked into it and there are two websites that I found... blurb.com and mypublisher.com. I've downloaded both programs and I have started trying to make books. Blurb is actually WAY cheaper and has better layout options and better options all together, but it really slows up the computer. My Publisher is pretty expensive at 99 cents per page after the first 20, but it doesn't slow down my computer at all. Hmmmm.

Right now I am testing it and remaking my wedding book. (Nathan spilled water on the scrapbook that I made and every single page is completely ruined) so if I get that book and I like it, I will start this year doing our family books in this way. During the year I will put my pictures and journaling into the book and then order the book at the end of the year. and voila! My whole year is documented! Every kid that I have will have the first year scrapbooked for them, but after that it will go to the books. Seriously this is going to take a huge load off of me and I feel better already!

5 comments:

shellydinger

I'm putting my blog into a book via Blurb. It really does slow up your computer, but it is nice to know that it is safe on your computer and you can always come back and pick up right where you left off. And if it ever gets ruined you can always order another copy.

us

I can't wait to see your book because I think I have the same plan now. Oh how sad that we put these kinds of pressures on ourselves...

Alyse

Great Idea! I actually made one for Jackson on Shutterfly.com & it was WAY easy & it turned out great!

Matt and Monae Curtis

Yes I did! :) We have it on the Morrison Center Calendar for next year but it isn't a for sure thing yet.... I would be SOO excited if it came, I like the music and dancing and level of charisma (sp, i know) a lot better. I still have it on vcr tape... lame...

I have really been wanting to do a book for our wedding pictures, mostly because I have NO patience for scrapbooking... I love it but I suck. Thanks for the good ideas!!

sara cardon

That is a much less stressful way to do it. I spend SO much time blogging it should count for something, so I too have been slurping stuff off my blog and making them into books and I love it, plus it counts as journaling!! And two, who wants to make multiple scrapbooks of the same thing when you get multiple kids?? It is much easier to make COPIES of books for everyone. Genius.:)