1. I have climbed Mt. Timpanogus twice. Once sometime during the first couple weeks of my freshman year, and the second in the summer after my sophomore year. Both times I started at about midnight to catch the sunrise at the top. AMAZING. It's about a 9 mile hike up and it is worth every step.

2. I LOVE grocery shopping. Like LOVE it. Every week I plan out my meals for the week, then go through the pantries and write down what I need. I go to three stores. Trader Joe's, Mother's Market, and Costco. I don't even mind that I have to go to three stores because I love it so much. I think it is because since we don't have a lot of expendable income, I have to satisfy my womanly need for shopping in some way, so shopping for groceries it is! :-)
3. I am a Veterinary Technician. I got my bachelors degree in Animal Science from BYU. I am embarrassed by this, partially because a lot of people think that you just get this degree online, or go to a two-year school (which you can but it's a crappy education) or even just learn it on the job (which you can). The VetTech program at BYU was excellent though, and I learned a lot of cool stuff. My favorite class (and the class I did the best in) was Parasitology. Loved it. The problem is, I will NEVER use my degree EVER again. I don't like it and I am afraid of working in a vet clinic because I don't want to be bitten by a cat or a dog. I've only been bitten by a dog, and it was at school. Also, if you ever wanted to know where the saying "sick as a dog" comes from, ask me, I know!
4. I am worried about the fact that Easton doesn't have very many words. Is he delayed? I mean, he understands almost everything we say. He knows some sign language, even made up a few of his own signs, like cars (rubbing his hands on his stomach and making car sounds...what?), and night-night, but his talking is just a bunch of gobbledeegook. I guess a lot of people know that, but I'm trying not to be worried...but I still am.
5. Secretly, deep deep down, I for some crazy reason want to have twins someday. What??? Did I just say that? Maybe the reason is because of my bad birth experience with Easton. And when I say birth experience, I mean labor, delivery, and RECOVERY. Might as well get two for one.
6. As a result from my bad birth experience, I want to have a natural childbirth with a midwife when I have my next baby. I want it to be a waterbirth, but I found out that's really not possible here in Orange County unless you do it at home, and Nathan would NEVER let me do that. :-) Everyone I talk to say that their recovery was much better and faster after a natural birth, and that is something worth trying out to see for myself, because it can't be much worse.
7. I ran a marathon in 4:45:11. I really want to run another one someday because I really want to beat that time.
I can't think of anything else really about me, but there ya go! If any one wants to do this tag, feel free!
3 comments:
I still can't believe I hiked Timp with you! Every time I see that mountain I think about it...do you remember going to McDonalds a few hours before we hiked to stock up on some protein...yikes! =) Oh, and I love Grocery shopping too! I just spent $180 today and I have no idea how. I need to be a better shopper.
Good luck with the whole natural baby birth thing, which by the way, when might that be??... :)
I love grocery shopping too! I think it's because I love food so much so I get excited to be stocked up again.
Emily, I so loved this post. Mostly I think I just really liked reading about you. And I am so the same on the grocery store thing (LOVE, LOVE Trader Joe's!!)-- I have made Jonathan swear that wherever we get sent in the Air Force there HAS to be a Costco there-- it's like a treat for me to go there (if I do this tagging I'm stealing that one). Lucy isn't talking at ALL either. I think it's b/c they're a first child, and they really dont need to. We cater to everything they want regardless of if they use words or not. I mean, come on kid!! Start speaking some English!!
Post a Comment