CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Homeopathy wins again...

Doctor told me to get Miralax for Lincoln's issues. Miralax is only approved for children over the age of 6. I didn't feel too comfortable with it so I looked online at Dr. Sears who is one of those natural types and he recommended trying Flax Oil.

Worked in 12 hours.

Flax Oil is super good for you. Has lots of Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils in it, which are great for your heart. I might just be chugging a teaspoon of the stuff every day myself.

Why don't doctors try the homeopathic route first? It just doesn't make sense. Medicine is a fantastic invention, and definitely inspired in some aspects, but our Heavenly Father also gave us and our ancestors plenty of things to use on this earth for our benefit as well.

9 comments:

KT

I might have to use that sometime. Andrew has had his problems and I have been tempted to use something but have never felt right about it.

Camille

Good work Emily. I hope Lincoln can get more regular now. Poor kiddo.

RWSeibel

Yeah for flax seed oil! Supposed to be really good stuff. Of course, there were also entire generations of people who gave their kids cod liver oil for whatever. Sounds icky, but probably has lots of Omega-3's and other good stuff.

So now when Lincoln does his business, does it go "Flaaaaxxxx?!!!" :-D

Love,
Grandpa S.

P.S. - Funny, the security word verification for this posting is "INGEST!" Ha!

Camille

I love your dad's comment Em. He is a funny guy! I am still laughing. What a goof.

Sarah

Hey Emily -
Our Dr. told us to use Miralax on Caitlin & it worked wonders. Every thing that we are suppose to give to our young kids are for older kids, it's from the irresponsible parents that misused it :( But the Flax Seed Oil sounds good too. Next time I may try that :)
Thanks!

Alicia

Woohoo for holistic solutions to tricky problems!

Barbara

Oh cool! Glad you figured it out. How much did you give him? Luckily Paxton loves prunes...so that helps. But I might grab some flax oil to have on hand for the next big bout of no pooh! And furthermore, you are NOT a bad mom simply because your kid is constipated. It happens all of the time.

sara cardon

Do you think it would work for 5 month olds?? Zachy still is pooping only 1x a week, and I KNOW Lucy was pooping at least every day at this same age. I haven't really even thought it might be affecting his growth and development not to be pooping...What is it with these constipated babies??

Tara

I totally agree meds are incredible and definitely needed @ times but all natural is way better if you can.

Good job and yes flax seed is amazing.