CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 11, 2009

UG

I think I have a lot of posts that have the title of "UG". It's just been one of those days. Nothing seemed to go right today until Nathan got home. Thank heaven for Nathan. Love that man. Easton is not doing well with potty training. He is regressing big time. He used to be able to hold it a little better and now he is having major accidents all the time. Let's not even talk about poop.

I was supposed to bring a treat to our ward BBQ so I set out to make mint brownies. Well, I had written the recipe wrong and instead of 3/4 tsp of peppermint extract I put in THREE teaspoons of it. UM WOW. I realized my error and called my mother in law who informed me of the correct amount. I was already having one of those days and I was practically in tears as I scraped off the mint icing and tried to rescue it. Then when I put on the chocolate frosting on top of the mint frosting it just kind of smeared the mint icing all over the place. After I walked away from the project for an hour I realized they weren't that bad, but still a lot of stress for a stupid dessert. I ended up eating an 8th of the pan just to make sure they truly were okay to share. YUCK

Then I went to Lincoln's 9 month appointment. He's only gained 6 ounces in 3 months. He went from like the 90th percentile to the 45th. Doctor told me it was because of his constipation issues. I feel terrible. I mean I knew he was smaller than Easton ever was but I didn't think it could be because of his bowel issues. I hope Lincoln doesn't think I am always starving him. He's not really into eating lately. He eats a little bit, but not what I think he should be. I'm sure everything will be fine. We're going to try Miralax and prunes and other things like that to help him out. I did a good job clearing him out a month ago but I guess I got lazy again and Lincoln got pickier with his food. Poor little Lincoln.

I'm excited for this weekend. BYU is playing tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to watch some of it! GO COUGARS!

7 comments:

Alyse

Sorry you had such a rough day- I have lots of those with only 1 boy! And 45% is still big...don't worry...Jacksy is only in the 25%. I'm sure everything will be fine! Go Cougars!

Sarah

Emily ~ Don't worry about Lincoln being in the 45%. We took Caitlin for her 2 year check up last week and they said she was in the 25% for weight, 85% for Height & 88% for Head. They told me she needed to gain weight and have totally freaked me out too. I am really struggling with her to eat decent foods, if any, most of the time. The more I thought about it I decided that my child is healthy. I feed her well & she is just growing tall right now & the weight has slowed down. Those percentiles are based off a little town in the middle of the country, I have read up on how they came about it. So don't stress it. Lincoln is a well sized boy & he will be just fine. Dr's these days like to put the fear in us about everything.

Class was so fun on Tuesday & I am looking forward to get again. I still need to make my cake and frosting. Would you be interested in doing it together? Let me know :)

Elizabeth

sorry you had such a rough day! I think those brownies sounded delicious though and I"m sad i missed out on them!!

Alicia

Em! Sorry I added to that bad day. I have a brand spankin' new potty training idea for you...I'll bring it tomorrow to church.

Suzanna

Argh! Potty training!! Abby has done the same and has totally regressed. I talked to her doctor again and he said back off for awhile (it's an ugly cycle!) So, don't feel bad about it because we're dealing with it too. Some days I wonder if I'll be sending her to kindergarten with her diapers but I'm sure she'll get it one day! :) She'll just have to, right?

Sorry you had a bad day... Hope your weekend was better!

The Hickman Family

Potty training sucks! I went through the same frustration with Katy too. Luckily, she seems to have turned the corner and hasn't had an accident for 3 weeks! Still, I feel like I spent the whole second year of her life potty training! Good luck with Easton!

RWSeibel

Sadly, we must endure the UG days. :-(

I'm sure the day is soon coming when you won't be able to keep enough food in the house for Lincoln, and Easton too.

Send me all the messed up brownies you want. I'll even pay the shipping! :-D

Love,
Dad