Today we took Easton to Sea World for his birthday. It was the last day he could go before we had to pay for him. He kind of had fun I think. He was pretty ornery...and it didn't help that we didn't let him go to the Shamu show because we were trying to get home so I could attend the General Relief Society Broadcast.
After I came home from the broadcast (which was so amazing and uplifting) I came home to this:
AHHHH!!!!! I guess that's what happens when there is a BYU game on TV. We threw Easton in bed because he was being so stinky (and told him all his toys would be on time out when he woke up in the morning because he refused to clean them up) and then I set to work on his birthday cake. After the birthday cake my kitchen looked like this:
Just what I want to clean up after a long day! Thankfully Nathan is going to pick up the toys (yes it's 10:15 PM and the toys are still everywhere. DRIVES. ME. CRAZY.)
Oh and to make matters worse. We switched Easton's crib to a bed again and much to our chagrin, when we checked on him, all the lights were on, he had woken up Lincoln, and put every. single. blanket/pillow/cushion/sippy cup/burp rag. he could find into Lincoln's crib. I was SO MAD! Then it took Lincoln 1 1/2 HOURS to fall asleep again. GRRRRR
P.S. the cake turned out okay. I'm semi-happy with it. There are some big mistakes, but I'm learning here right??? Can't wait to show it to Easton tomorrow!
P.P.S. Can't decide if I should forgive Easton and let him have his toys tomorrow morning on his birthday...he usually has to earn them back. If it were completely up to me I would say absolutely not. Dad's a softy, mom's a meanie :)
9 comments:
sorry you had a hard night! I'm excited to see the cake though, i'm sure it turned out great!
sounds like a VERY long day. i hope easton's actual birthday is fun and that this is all forgotten quickly! see you guys soon.
Oh my dear Emily - Do you need a pillow to scream into?
I love you.
Grandma Seibel
But on the up side..... we got to see the layout of your new apartment!
Mom
Oh man! I can SO relate to the picture of the messed up house. I guess there's no such thing as a night off b/c you end up getting punished just the same for leaving!! Happy 3rd Birthday to Easton!! Maybe it's the terrible 3's too??:)
hahaha! I am so sorry Emily, but I was laughing all the way through that post because I know how tidy you like everything and how clean your house always is. That is really frustrating though about Easton in bed. I would be one unhappy momma. I hope all the birthday plans went well today.
Oh those long days are no fun Em! Tell Easton Happy Birthday for us.
Oh, if you only saw what my house looks like on a regular basis. Your house looks spotless in comparison! That cake inspiration is so clever - can't wait to see how yours turned out.
I'm with you Em - I'm a meanie . . . Dad's a meanie sometimes too though. "Be consistent, do what you say you will," are the parenting skills that come to mind for this. Ah - it's never as simple as the people who write books make it seem eh? haha
Post a Comment