I have a million things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my family, my kids, my friends, my husband. Yesterday Nathan got a phone call from his mom that made me SO grateful for Nathans job and for an unanswered prayer. Last February Nathan interviewed for a job up in Salt Lake. We were SO excited about it and it seemed like an amazing opportunity. After he flew up to Salt Lake and back we were pretty sure that he had that job in the bag. That next week we waited and waited and waited to hear if he for sure was getting the offer. At the end of the week we were SO bummed that he didn't get the job. Some other guy had come in last minute with more experience and got the job. Well, turns out the company had to lay off that guy.
I am SO grateful that Nathan did not get that job. If he had, there is no doubt we would have bought a house, thinking we were all settled. While being in Salt Lake sounds amazing, I am SO thankful that Nathan has a steady, good job (with lots of time off!!!!) and that we are living in a beautiful place with family and good friends around us. All I know is that our Father in heaven really knows what we need.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. I am so glad too. God works in very mysterious ways. We're just glad that we can all still be close right now!
So true! It's amazing to think of how life has worked out when you take the time to think of it . . . the Lord even can make your own poor choices eventually work for your good! How do people find any kind of happiness in life without a true concept of who Heavenly Father is, and how He operates in our lives? I almost never understand why things happen as they're going on, but later, I discover that things have made all kinds of sense. Cool.
Post a Comment