CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

I loved this article. And I loved that it was in the headlines on AOL. It's about how "low-fat" has contributed to obesity and the creation of fake foods. I'm trying hard not to be afraid of fat. But only fat in its purest forms. None of this hydrogenated stuff, canola oil, margarine, etc. But it is SO hard to switch my mindset. Even harder is to get myself off of refined sugars. I had a goal to not eat any until my birthday and failed 10 days into it while making some chococonut cookies for Nathan and Easton. DOH! And it doesn't help that I am trying to be a cake decorator. Yikes!

Read it here

2 comments:

RWSeibel

Hey Em! Great article. No doubt we're on to something here. I really liked that paragraph about eating just sugar, or just butter, but then the troubles that come from combining the two. I so can relate. Cane sugar is still better for us than corn syrup, though, so I guess it's the lesser of evils.

Love,
Dad

sara cardon

Okay, so I just read your blog about no sleeping, but I'm commenting here b/c I'm not sure if you check comments that far back. I'm sorry!! I can SO SO SO relate to horrible nights' sleep. And actually, it makes me feel SO much better than I'm not the only oen with kids who are insomniacs. I even asked the doctor about it at their last appoinment, b/c Lucy seriously, never sleeps enough and is always tired-- but how do you FORCE a child to sleep?? Between both Lucy and Zach, I feel like I'm never sleeping well-- and that I'm constantly a zombie. I could do it during the day w/ grace and patience if I knew I could sleep at night. But I can't do both! I wish you could just give them all Benadryl and call it good. Good luck with them-- but if it helps, imagine me when you're up at 3:15 a.m. for moral support (I'll most likely be up with one or the other too!).:)