CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Letter to RC Willey

To Whom It May Concern:

I am VERY displeased with your company. On April 17th I purchased a leather couch, love seat, and chair from the RC Willey Murray store along with a twin mattress and base. At the time of purchased, we were told by our salesman ( ) that it would be two weeks before the couch would come in because it was on back order. We were moving into a new house so it didn't seem like a big deal to wait two weeks.

Two weeks later, I called to see when our couch would be delivered and the customer service rep told us it would not be in until May 25th. FIVE WEEKS after we paid IN FULL for our order. There was NO CONTACT from your company to let us know it would take longer, and when we expressed how frustrated we were, we were told that they would be shipping a couch from the Vegas store and we would have it delivered the next Tuesday or Wednesday. We got a call Tuesday morning from the delivery guys and they delivered the love seat, chair, and bed, but no couch. I was floored that we STILL did not receive any contact telling us that the sofa would not be coming.

After calling the Murray store they then scheduled a delivery for the sofa and a pickup for the chair (because it did not fit in our room) for Friday, May 14th. On Friday morning at 7 AM the delivery men pounded on our door and rang the door bell 7 times, waking up my husband and I and our two young children. We never received a call about this. And 7 AM is WAY TOO EARLY for a pick up anyway. STILL NO COUCH. I was, yet again, SHOCKED that we, your customers, we left in the dark about our sofa. I called your customer service department absolutely LIVID. I felt that RC Willey has no integrity and they do not care about their customers at all. Is that how you run a business? All they could do was say "sorry" and that the couch MIGHT come in on May 25th. There was no guarantee at all and there was no compensation offered. So I CANCELLED my order. I will never order from RC Willey again. I went to John Paras Furniture in Sandy on Saturday, May 15th, and we were given great customer service, and our couch was delivered on Monday. That's $2000 you will never get from us.

Hopefully this letter gets to the right people and you can do something to fix you poor customer service. Its totally embarassing.

I've put this letter on my blog and facebook. Just so you know.

Sincerely,


Emily Judd

6 comments:

Mikaela

So sorry to hear you had such a terrible experience, but so glad you mentioned John Paras as we know the owners very well and Dan actually works for them. Grateful to see this letter was not the other way around and I agree that is no way to treat your customers!! Call me!

RWSeibel

Wow! What a customer service meltdown! I hope someone higher up in the company cares, and that they get your message loud and clear. They must know that this kind of bad press will spread quickly, and it will hurt their business, no matter how big they think they are.

Good job Em!

Dad

Barbara

Rock on with your bad self! :)

The Hickman Family

You go Emily!

Alyse

I also hate RC willey. They totally try to monopolize utah customers. sooo annoying! You should also check out furniture warehouse...they have great stuff too. =) I love your piano room by the way!

sara cardon

Sheesh!! I would definitely NOT want to be on your bad side.:) You got some of that Philly attitude goin' on. I like it. I hate RC Willey too-- just on principle. Oh yeah. And U-Haul.