CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

stuff

It was so much fun having my parents and Julie here last weekend. I kept saying how awesome it was to be able to have them all here and still have enough space. My parents never visited together when we lived in California and they never could have driven. I'm so grateful to be here. My mom helped me work out how to make my pillows not fray (genius!) and we amazingly finished them with the little amount of fabric we had left. Phew! And my dad helped me take apart my piano (like TOTALLY disect it) so we could paint it black. It was a big ordeal until we found the type of paint to use. I think it turned out great and I love the knobs I found. I was dead set on yellow knobs but I like these better. Easton for some reason had a blast telling stories. This was a new thing. He made up a story about a pig owl monster. I wish I had it on video. He is hilarious. We also went up to the temple that is right up the way and before we got there he kept saying something about "stacked" in regards to the temple. I'm like sure, ya, the temple is tall, whatever. But when we got closer Julie realized he meant "stuck". He proceeded to tell us that people go to the temple to get stucked together. I couldn't handle it, it was too cute and hilarious. He also though we got stucked together with tape. :) Just the monday before for Family Home Evening we had talked about the temple and how when we are married in the temple we can be together forever. But i didn't know if he understood what that meant so I said it would mean that we would be stuck together forever. I really didn't think ANYTHING had stuck with him that night. Guess I was wrong. He also is pretty stoked about our cold storage unit downstairs. He constantly wanted to build a cold storage out of legos with my dad or mom. Here he is playing with my mom :)

Lincoln is still obsessed with balls. And he LOVED Julie. That was definitely apparent since he was HORRIBLE for me yesterday. He can say "ball" and "hoop". Along with mama and dada those are his only words. Go figure. At church when he sees the basketball hoop he just stands under it and points. He wants to make a basket. Is he the next BYU basketball star? That would be sweet :D

I love our views out of our house. I have the mountains out of the big window at the top of the stairs and the temple outside our bedroom window. It is absolutely stunning at night. We have been spoiled by good views ever since we left Provo and this is by far the best place.


I tried to upload a video of Easton when we were discussing being stucked together but I don't know if it worked...so here ya go


Oh, and May the Fourth be with you. :D

7 comments:

Alyse

I love the idea of painting a piano! You are so creative! Also- the story about Easton & being stuck is super funny! We still haven't moved into our house yet- waiting on the carpet!!! Ahhh- I'm getting a little antsy! =)

JD Seibel

hey! the piano turned out great! i was so nervous about that... :)

I'm so happy that we all got to be there last week. So much fun! And now we can do that a LOT more often! YAY!!!

RWSeibel

SO glad we didn't use yellow knobs on the piano! :-O

We sure packed a lot into 4 days! Funner days aren't to be had anywhere!

I'm sure glad you and Nathan and the boys are "stuck" together, and and Mum and I are too! :-D

Love,
Dad

sara cardon

I am SO in love with your new house!! It is so incredible and a well deserved change. To imagine fitting your whole family in your house!! Wow. Someday... Your piano looks great, and I can't get over the fact that every time I see Melissa in a picture I think it's you!

The Hickman Family

I love your views too! Can't live in Utah without views of the mountains and a temple! I'm happy for you guys!

Briana

Very impressed with the piano disassemble and paint and reassemble! You are an inspiration!

Sarah

LOL...Cute story from Easton. It's funny what kids remember. The piano looks SO cute, love it! Yellow knobs would have looked funny, the ones you chose are super cute!