CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

a disaster!



I should be hopping in the shower or cleaning my house but instead I just had to blog my latest disaster. I'm in search of the perfect vanilla (or yellow or whatever) cake recipe from scratch. I am making a cake for Sunday dinner this week that will double as a birthday cake for one of Easton's second cousins. This particular recipe seems to raise a lot in the oven because It got all over my oven. It was sweet. NOT! My house smelled like burnt sugar all day and to make matters worse the cake sunk in the middle. Should I just give up? I have a great chocolate cake and a spice cake recipe but vanilla just is way too hard!

p.s. I was talking to Easton about how lucky he was to have grandmas and grandpas and how I didn't have any. He said "mom, you can have one of my grandmas and grandpas, we can share". so sweet. He is the best

7 comments:

Sarah

I feel your pain! I am totally at a loss when it comes to white cake. I cant even get the box mix to come out of the pan without crumbling & then if I get it out of the pan ok, when i go to level it off, it crumbles. It's so frustrating. I have kinda given up myself. Sorry you had such a mess. I miss our baking adventures tho :(

us

oh you will find one. don't give up. i would love to have some of your cake on sunday...i am sure it will be delicious!!!

Camille

Oh man - that does look like a disaster! So sad. Don't give up, I am sure you will find a recipe that is perfect.

Hope you got the smell out finally!

JD Seibel

aww easton is sweet~ Don't know about the white cake though... I don't think i have a recipe.

RWSeibel

Oh my........! Somewhere, out there, there's a white cake mix for you! When you find it, share it with us! You could start a list: White cake recipes from h---...!

p.s. Easton has such a tender heart.

Grandma S

Alyse

That totally happened to me too! Oh well, I still ate the cake! =) Good luck with everything! You are quite talented at your cakes- love the 4th of July one.

Alicia

Darn! Want my yellow cake recipe Em...it's a good one.