CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Easton's Birthday Party

I finally broke down this year and threw Easton a little birthday party for him and his friends. I've never been into the whole birthday party thing but now I realize what I've been missing. It was SO fun to plan and SO fun to watch the kids have fun at the party!! I think it also has to do with the fact that Easton is 4 and likes to have fun with his friends. It was a Toy Story themed party. I found some great games online! The first thing I did was tell the kids that the lightning storm we had a few days ago wasn't a lightning storm. It was Buzz Lightyear's crash landing on earth!! And on the way down he bumped into the moon sending moon rocks all over our backyard! I needed help to get them cleaned up. So all the kids went out and cleaned up the "moon rocks" (tin foil balls). Once they were inside I told them that they were special moon rocks and that inside of them were special surprises. I hid things like candy and dollar store toys. It was pretty sweet if you ask me. :)


finding moonrocks
After a Toy Story Tattoo Parlor I had the kids go on a rescue mission. The little green army guys got lost in our backyard looking for Buzz Lightyear and that they needed to go rescue the guys and bring them back home. They LOVED this and they raced around and had so much fun finding them!

Easton with two fistfulls!

Then we opened presents. I debated on whether we should wait til the kids went home to open the presents so the other kids wouldn't be jealous but I'm glad I had Easton open them in front of his friends. It was fun to see their excitement as Easton opened their present. He got a Buzz Lightyear, a Stomp Rocket, and a little Alien fishing game.



I just had to post this picture because I thought it was SO cute. The other boys' name is Easton too, and apparently he was SOOOOO excited about the present he bought for Easton he couldn't contain himself!



Such a cute group of boys: Phenix, Easton, Easton B., and Jack


And here is my master piece. :)


We'll have a little party on his real birthday too. We have WAY too much cake leftover! They barely put a dent in the top layer! I'm excited to give him his presents. :)



**edited to add: I took Easton's friend Phenix to preschool today and he told me that Easton's party was SO fun and that he wanted to do the moonrock thing again and for me to tell the stories again. sweet. maybe i'll do okay as a mom of 3 boys? ;)

12 comments:

Marcy

SO cute Em! I LOVE the cake, you pro you! And yes, welcome to the land of moms who love to throw b-day parties for their kids, it IS a ton of fun! I love how you ran with this theme! Way to go! We do friend parties every other year in our house and this next year Im back up throwing parties and kinda can't wait! Though I can guarantee my cakes won't be nearly as good as yours!!

Lynnette

That party sounded sooo fun! I wish I could have been there to watch. The cake is amazing!! Way to go Emily, that was some first party that you put on.

Jan

Wow Emily that cake is seriously amazing! Way to go with the party--I'm not sure I'd have the energy to do all that, and you're pregnant! Easton looks a lot older to me with his hair cut--looks good!

Emily

I better be invited to the next party hhaha!! His birthday is Monday right??? The cake is so cute!!

Elizabeth

awesome cake EMily, I love it!!

Alicia

AMAZING cake Em! You're a master. Wish we could have been there!

JD Seibel

awesome! Looks like they all had a blast. Especially the other Easton, lol, that is a CUET picture! :) and holy crap, that cake is a masterpiece!

Camille

That party sounds so fun! You are so creative. Good work.

I LOVE your cake. You did an excellent job.

Suzanna

Love the cake! You are amazing! What a fun party for Easton!

us

You are incredible. I love all your ideas and of course the amazing cake!

Tati

Wow! Wow! What a fun party and what an incredible cake! I'm SO impressed!

Raree (RAH-ree)

What a fun mom you are. Your kids are so lucky. Great job.