CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Kids

Easton:


He is in love with the baby. He asks every day, multiple times a day, how big the baby is and if its coming soon. I keep thinking he'll grow tired of asking but not yet. He will come up to me and say "I want to say "boo" to the baby". Then he'll say "boo!!! did he laugh??" and of course I'll say yes he did laugh! He loves you! He wants to cuddle with the baby and he wants to know where its head is and bum is and legs are. It is just so cute.
We've been reading 5 verses of the Book of Mormon almost every night with Easton for a long time now. We're only in 2nd Nephi. But lately he has been VERY interested in what the words mean. He'll ask what each word means and what the phrase means. It really tests my knowledge and ability to teach vocabulary and gospel principles but I'm grateful for the inquisitive mind that he has. I have enjoyed reading the verses slowly. It helps me understand them more. I can tell that the Spirit is in our home when we read with Easton.
He loves preschool. I am impressed by his desire to do things by himself. He has ALWAYS wanted me to do things for him. He still has me dress him and everything, but now he wants to attempt his name by himself and do his homework by himself. It makes me so happy! I love his teacher and I know he'll learn a lot. He can almost write his name. Which considering he's only been going to preschool for a month and he had absolutely ZERO interest in writing before, its a miracle! YAY Easton!

Lincoln:

LOVES to help me in the kitchen. Whenever I am making something he'll say "help!" and scoot a chair over to help me. He's not much of a help but I love that he's at that stage. So cute

He loves to doodle. Everywhere! Every time he sees me on the computer he'll come sit on my lap and grab another piece of paper and make his little doodles. SO different from Easton. Easton never wanted to do much of anything by himself. Lincoln will ask me to draw a horse (swwwwe), a doggie, and a ball.

He LOVES "The Wheels on the Bus". I have been trying to get a good video of him but I fail every time. He'll go through all the motions. It is really cute when he puts his fingers to his lips and says "shh shh shh" at the end or attempts to cry like a baby. Love it.

I love my boys!



8 comments:

JD Seibel

I love Linky's doodles! so cute! easton is going to be a superawesome big brother~ That's great that he's interested in the book of mormon and has so many questions! I love your boys!

Mikaela

How fun to get an update on both of them, I still need to be better at this.

Lynnette

I love your boys too!!! I can't wait to see them tomorrow!

RWSeibel

Isn't great to have such inquisitive and capable kids?!! Yes, it will be a challenge to keep up with them, but a happy challenge! :-D

Love,
Grandpa S.

Tracy

Your boys are so cute. Your description of Easton about the baby is kind of how my Amy is with our baby, only the baby is not in me anymore. She always says, "I want to see that cute little baby!" or "Let me see that cute little baby's face!" When I was pregnant she wanted to kiss my tummy all the time. It really is fun when they are so excited about baby. I hope Easton continues with his excitement AND learns to write his name!

Elizabeth

I love your boys too, and can't wait to see them soon! :)

Alicia

Love those boys...I miss watching them grow up!

Emily

Easton's outfit is too cute!!!