CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Max is one month old and an update for the kids

I can't believe that Max is already a month old! It's crazy how fast a month goes when I'm not pregnant :) 

He is such a good baby. I have to remind myself that even though I am just dying with the newborn stage! He smiles at me often (by far my earliest smiler) although its not consistent. He has to be in the mood! He cries when he is hungry or tired for the most part and I'm scared to say it but he isn't colicky at all like my other babies! I really hope that i didnt just jinx myself! Nights are so great! He has done 3 8-hour stretches but really it's different every night. Last night it was 6. I thought that was perfect, especially since he was still sleeping when I got up to go on my "run". 

He spits up a lot but I haven't figured out what to cut out to fix it. Because it seems like it doesn't matter! Oh well. 
It's blurry, but it's a smile! :)


Mason is a holy terror. He is sooo cute but can be so terrible! Yesterday I caught him sitting on Max's head!! Seriously? He does that to Lincoln but really Lincoln asks for it. I hope Max can survive. He is also getting into everything and thinks its funny. He will tell us that what he did is a big, big no no with a twinkle in his eye. Today he put poop all over the couch, and took a bite of my deodorant. And when Lincoln opened the gate in the backyard they both escaped and he went over to my neighbors house to mess with her little village she has outside. I swear she is going to hate us!
Pretty sure Mason is about to hit Max on the head in this picture. He also gives very sweet kisses. His favorite song is head shoulders knees and toes, and when he gets a new shirt he tells me it's cute!! I put a new shirt on and he goes up to Lincoln all proud and says "look Lennon! It's cute!!!"
He went to the dentist for the first time and was not that cooperative despite their best efforts. He was soooo excited to go. He had no idea! 

Lincoln is so much fun. He loves Max and is constantly wanting to hold him. He is obsessed with mine craft right now (what little boy isn't?) and is getting better at helping cleaning up. Yay!

My sister Erica came to visit and he is so in love with her. When she left he came up to me crying because she was gone and said "Erica really loves me" (as if she was the only one in the world). It was so sad and sweet. 
Shopping at the outlets enjoying our Swig copycat sugar cookies. A delicious mess! I went to get some clothes for Lincoln. It was funny because he was very serious about picking out shirts he liked. 


Easton is absolutely loving first grade. He is obsessed with hot wheels wall tracks although he has yet to own one. His friends have them so I looked up videos on YouTube. He is obsessed with watching them and knows exactly how each track works and will talk your ear off. He is constantly changing his mind on which ones he wants for Christmas and it drives me crazy! He even wants to make his own video like the YouTube guy and is starting to say things the guy says. Oh that kid. He is so sweet and really wants to do what is right. Last night we had a family home evening about respect. I challenged each of the kids to be more respectful this week and this morning he said "yes mom" to everything I asked him to do. "Am I being respectful mom?" Wow. I think we need to have that lesson every week :) just wish it would stick with Lincoln eventually!

1 comments:

Mikaela

I know I shouldn't get so much enjoyment out of your distress with Mason, but I needed a laugh so thank you!! Poop on the couch and eating deodorant still have me laughing!